This entry was posted on Tuesday, June 26th, 2012 at 5:46.pm and is filed under Announcements. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Major avenues of progress for the week:
- attrTools coming along well along with the accompanying modules
- Added a buffer to Locinator along with an accompanying mode toggle
- Added a few more hiding options for setTools (maya sets, anim layer sets)
Lessons learned from the week…
- min/max values on Attributes only seem to be honored with float attributes
- attributeQuery fails to return the correct value on:
- keyable flag. Must use getAttr to get correct state
- hidden flag. Must use getAttr with channelBox flag
- if you change the enum options of an attribute in maya 2011 it will update the channelbox but not the attribute editor until you select something else then the object again. just deselecting the object and the object again won’t update, nor reopening the file after saving. Awesome.
- Tried a function to manually toggle a couple selections and that didn’t work
- Looked a little into ui update stuff, no joy. Moved on after a couple of strikes. Not a deal breaker
- Alias attributes only affect the channel box
- Odd bug with baseMelUI or maybe just a maya thing in maya 2013. If a text field is disabled, it clears the bgc. 2011 didn’t to do that.
- Can assign the window as the parent to a ui element in Hamish’s baseMelUI with a self.get() function. Useful for formLayout