For users granted access to the repository for up-to-date tools and code this is run down on getting setup. Eventually we hope to have this all happen within Maya but for now, there’s some leg work. At present, we’re using bitbucket.org as our code repository in the git format. This is tailored to a pc user, if we get it figured out for others, we’ll add that here.
For a great immersive, tutorial on learning git, check out gitimmersion.
For the everyday pc user…
- Sign up for a bitbucket account.
If you have one already, move along…
- Go through the tutorial to get a foundation on how stuff works.
- At a minimum, you need to install msysgit from the tutorial. We only need step one install stuff
For now, this is a invitation only thing. You’ll get an invite to the repository after which you can connect to it
For myself, I created a ‘repos’ folder on my ‘x’ drive as I sync to several repositories. So my path I’ll be going to via gitBash
If you have permission, you can go to bit bucket and see the path to sync to to clone the repository
- Open git bash
- Browse to your directory to store stuff
- Type in the clone command
- Put your password in
- Let it finish up and you should see something like…
Make sure it pulled everything
- Git bash to the cgmtools folder
- Type the following:
- Input your password and let the download finish
- Have a chocolate, you deserve it!
After you’ve done this step, time to setup your maya.env