This entry was posted on Tuesday, October 16th, 2012 at 2:12.pm and is filed under Tools, Updates. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Finally got this little bit of R&D in a functioning tool.
After looking into that bug at the end, it was messing up because this version of the Morphy proxy geo had messed up UV’s. Follicles need decent UV’s to work. Will look at adding a check for decent UV’s.
- Add target mesh objects with the ‘>>’ button
- Surface – places on the surface
- Bisect – places at every contact of the cast ray on the object(s)
- MidPoint – finds the midpoint of hit points
- Drag – whether you want creation as you drag or not. Default is only on mouse release
- Clamp – how many intersection are allowed, 0 means infinite
- Create Modes – all but locator and joint will create when you drop the tool or press ‘q’ on most maya default setups
- group — only a transform at that spot
- Start – initializes tool
- Drop – finalizes it (or ‘q’)
To do in the future:
- mirror mode
- skinDeep mode – for placing joints just within the surface for facial work
- Add a check to make sure a mesh has suitable UV’s