Archive for March, 2015

Mon, Mar 2nd, 2015
posted by jjburton 01:03 PM

So,  a chat with a good buddy (Scott Englert) on the topic brought up one more item I’d neglected to rule out in the previous bit of research.

Flush prefs.

Dur…

So I did and the issue vanished, which led me to delve into what script or preference was causing issues. Did this by re-adding files and scripts to figure out what it was. As it happens it wasn’t a specific file but an import that did it. In the end, I found 2 issues at play – one of which is solved but broke my unit tests so I’m waiting to for Red9 to figure out how to resolve. In this case it was registering ‘transform’ as a nodeType in r9Meta stuff in one of my __init__ files.

Hopefully finding this will make the red9 stuff which we love all the better once it’s resolved and keep others from bounding into the time sucking vortex that resulted.

Lesson learned – if something is acting weird, clear prefs and see if it fixes it and if it does, start adding stuff back till you find the culprit.

 

 
Creative Commons License

Categories